How To Clean Area Rugs
- The rug should not be beaten during cleaning, it should rather be cleaned using a powerful vacuum cleaner preferably every day.
- The items (sofa, table, etc.) on the rug can leave trace, to prevent it the location of the rug or objects should be changed in certain intervals.
If something is spilled on your rug you must act quickly!
- Use a knife or a spoon to remove as much as possible of the excess spillage - always work from the edge of the stain towards the center.
- Use a clean white cloth to dry the stain. Dab it with cold water.
- Pat the stain dry with a clean cloth – stain should be wiped in pile direction.
- Wait until the stained area is completely dry.
- Make sure nobody walks on the treated rug surface for at least the next 24 hours.
- Never use soap or detergents which have high chemicals substances.
- You should take support from profession rug care companies for deep cleaning. The rug care company should be informed that high chemical detergents can harm the fibers.
- After cleaning, you should dry the rug on the floor quickly. The rug should not be used wet and also should not be left under direct sunlight.